Due to increasing demand for our services, we are looking a passionate full time senior occupational therapist with excellent clinical skills to assess and treat adults with a variety of disabilities.
We are focused on achieving great outcomes through excellent service delivery and clinical expertise. You will work from your home office with therapy supports being provided to clients in their home and local community. You will manage your own work hours.
Introducing Positive Step….
We are a mobile occupational therapy private practice, established in 2010. We provide services in the Perth Metropolitan area and surrounds.
Our goal has always been to enable our clients to achieve success and satisfaction in their everyday activities. We are passionate about what we do, have excellent clinical knowledge and provide exceptional service delivery. We are unique from other providers in that all our occupational therapists are senior therapists with an abundance of clinical skills and expertise which they openly share within the team.
We carefully match each occupational therapist’s skill set, expertise and clinical interest with each client. This ensures great outcomes for our clients and gives our occupational therapists enormous job satisfaction. If our therapists wish to develop their skills in a new clinical area, we encourage them by providing support and training.
Depending on your expertise and clinical interests, your clinical caseload could include:
- Assessments, interventions and equipment prescription for recipients of Aged Care packages.
- Conducting functional capacity assessments.
- Completing SIL and SDA assessments.
- Assistive technology trials and prescription.
- Implementing Daily Living skills training.
- Basic and complex home modifications.
Benefits of the job include:
- Flexibility with start/ finish times and working days to suit your lifestyle.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Comprehensive induction and training by the business owners.
- Support and mentoring from our friendly, dynamic and highly skilled team – whenever you need it and as often as you need it.
- Work in your area of clinical interest / specialty – we match your skillset to your clients.
- All of our occupational therapists are senior clinicians.
- Regular internal in-service and mentoring for clinical skill development.
- Monthly staff meetings where breakfast or lunch is provided for you.
- Mobile phone and laptop supplied.
- A generous annual training allowance for professional development.
- A caseload that brings great diversity and learning opportunities. No two working days are ever the same.
- The opportunity to be part of something special – making a positive difference in people’s lives and helping our team and small business grow.
- Prompt approval of annual leave requests to ensure that you can you take the holidays that you want.
- We will give you the day off on your birthday – paid!
- All travel expenses are reimbursed.
- We pay above the award wage as we know that a great outcome for our clients only comes from having the best occupational therapists in our team.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
This position would be a great match for you if:
– You have 5 years minimum clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist. Experience of working in aged care, NDIS, the community, home modification and/ or rehabilitation is preferable.
– You strive for the best outcomes for your clients and are prepared to go above and beyond for them.
– You are a great communicator.
– You are able to follow processes and work autonomously but are always happy to ask when you need help or further direction.
– You love efficiency and have the initiative to get things done when you see they are needed.
What our occupational therapists say about working for Positive Step….
“I have the best job in the world. Why? Because I work with a fantastic team of dedicated OT’s who support one another on a daily basis with the attitude of ‘there is no such thing as a silly question’, where each day I have the opportunity to spend time with amazing individuals within my case load and provide quality interventions in the knowledge that the provision of a holistic service is the foundation of Positive Step and that I am able to manage my own work life balance with flexible working hours which is a game changer when you have two young kids! I genuinely tell everyone “I work with the best team in the world” because it is true.”
“I can own my own time and plan my days to fit around what works for me! It’s beneficial for me as my partner often works away. The autonomy and flexibility works well and is important to me. No more 7:30am ward rounds!”
“Positive Step has friendly, approachable, and VERY knowledgeable OTs who are always ready to give a helping hand.”
“There are great systems in place to ensure the team feel connected despite all working from home.”
“There is the perfect balance of autonomy and clinical support.”
“There is an abundance of support and understanding with caseload management and zero pressure to overload.”
If you think you might be the person we are looking for, please email your resume and a letter indicating why you would like this job and why you think you are suited to it to email@example.com or call 0405 732 247 to discuss.